HOW TO PROPERLY CARE FOR YOUR MESQUITE WOOD TABLE
Mesquite wood tables can be very durable and we protect all of our mesquite tops with a high-quality sealant, but they need proper maintenance and care in order to maintain their beautiful natural appearance. Mesquite exhibits very little movement or expansion/contraction due to environmental changes in humidity, in fact, Mesquite shrinks 8 times less than oak, but without proper care the wood can warp and the sealant can become dull and faded. It’s a good idea to develop good maintenance habits from the moment you purchase your one-of-a-kind table, as that will help you avoid future problems.
What is Mesquite?
Mesquite wood is a tends to be a reddish brown, and darkens with age if before being sealed. Honey Mesquite has a medium to coarse texture and open pores, with a slight natural luster. Clear portions of the trunk tend to have straight or wavy grain: though knots, defects, and other irregularities are common. Our mesquite tops are sanded smooth however the natural imperfections inherent in mesquite wood are left unaltered. Grain streaks are common and make each piece unique, and the panels and molding are hand cut.
Mesquite Table tops maintenance – Do’s:
- Do use coasters, trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware
- Do use a clean dry cloth for dusting routine.
- Do dust your solid wood furniture often to remove abrasive particles on the surface.
- Do polish furniture once every month or two, but don’t over polish. Too much can cause buildup.
- Do blot clean all spills immediately.
- Do always lift and place objects on the surface of your fine furniture. Never drag objects across it.
Mesquite Table tops maintenance – Don’ts:
- Do Not keep or store your mesquite furniture outdoors.
- Do Not use cleaners that contain ammonia, water or other general purpose cleaners.
- Do Not use covers with rubber or vinyl backing as the chemicals contained in them can ruin the finish.
- Do Not keep or store solvents like alcohol, nail polish, and polish removers near the surface of your mesquite table.
If you have any more questions about travertine stone tops, feel free to contact us at Mexports. You can call us at (956) 725-6441. You can also fill in this contact us form with your questions and comments. We’ll be happy to help you in every way possible.
Categories: Mexports Blog