PRODUCT CARE MESQUITE WOOD
Our mesquite tops are sanded smooth however the natural imperfections inherent in mesquite wood are left unaltered. Grain streaks are common and make each piece unique. The panels and molding are hand cut.
Mesquite undergoes very little shrinking or swelling.
Oak shrinks and swells about 8 times as much as mesquite.
“It’s swirling grain, colors and occasional wood grain defects offer a hidden treasure.”
Dos and Don’ts
• Do use coasters, trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
• Do use a clean dry cloth for dusting routine.
• Don’t use cleaners that contain ammonia, water or other general purpose cleaners.
• Not recommended to use outdoors.
PRODUCT CARE HAMMERED COPPER & OXIDIZED COPPER
Created by craftsmen, with centuries old metal working tradition, our copper tabletops are hand hammered to produce a dimpled surface. The copper is fired, giving an individual finish in reddish and black patina. The copper is then wrapped around and glue to a plywood based.
The copper top is protected with multiple coats of acrylic lacquer used on automobiles. Our copper table tops do not change color over time.
Dos and Don’ts
• Do use a coaster to prevent rings caused by moisture from drinking glasses.
• Do use trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
• Do wipe up any spills as soon as possible; alcohol-based drinks can be especially damaging to the lacquer finish.
• Do use felts under candlesticks, chargers, etc… anything placed on the copper surface.
• Don’t use cleaners that contain bleach, ammonia, or acid.
• Not recommended for outdoors.
PRODUCT CARE WROUGHT IRON BASES
All of the merchandise offered by Mexports is hand crafted. Slight variations in the size, color and appearance should be considered as natural characteristics of hand crafted merchandise.
The metal bases are made by hand, by Mexican Blacksmiths. Each piece of metal is heated using a traditional charcoal fire. It is then hand hammered on an anvil and carefully crafted to form the unique and delicate looking bases. All our bases are hand painted in a “Rust Dark Brown” Finish.
To make your furniture or accessories shine you can use Armor all to clean it.*
LEATHER CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
Leather is natural product, and both texture and color will vary slightly from hide to hide. Do not use polishes, preservers or leather soaps to clean. Dab spills immediately with a soft cloth and use a mild soap and water to lift the stain. Surface scratches can be rubbed out with the warmth of a finger or a soft.